Yacht Chef Introduction Course
Are you a talented, creative and experienced chef who is dreaming of becoming a part of the Superyacht industry?
HOMEPORT Academy Yacht Chef Introduction Course is a specifically designed program for chefs with existing restaurant and hotel backgrounds. The course will give you detailed training to adapt your culinary skills for chef positions on superyachts.
If you have more than 5 years of land-based Chef experience, this is the course for you!
7-day Yacht Chef Introduction Course:
- Provides retraining for the yacht industry with 8 hours of courses per day including work practice, project work and preparation lessons.
- The course will take place on a training yacht where you will be accommodated, that is giving you the opportunity to gain work experience from day one.
- Our focus is on PRACTICE and not just on the theoretical side of the job.
- Our teachers are professional Chefs with many years of yacht experience who will teach you special skills needed for galley management and menu planning, including preparation and planning for extended cruises and finding and buying supplies in foreign countries.
- Formal training & qualification is essential, not only as a chef, but also as a member of a superyacht crew. Being a chef aboard a superyacht is more challenging than being a chef in land-based kitchens. During our course, you will learn new produce, concepts & culinary varieties.
- At the end of the 7-day course, we will help you prepare a Professional CV, photos, video presentation and culinary portfolio.
- 5 Star graduates of Yacht Chef Introduction course will receive their first contract with a 3 to 4 month internship period (offered with basic salary) and an option for an additional 3 months with full salary guaranteed.
Course cost includes:
- Intensive 7-days on Motor or Motor Sailing Yacht in the Mediterranean cruising area where you will be accommodated.
- Food and Accommodation.
- Worldwide Crew Database membership FREE for 1 year.
- Crew insurance for the course and internship period.
- All training materials for practice & theory.
The best investment - an investment in your knowledge! Especially when it pays off in the first three months of the internship!
*Flights – flight expenses will be fully or partially reimbursed depending on the student’s location
The only source of knowledge is experience