Are you dreaming of becoming a part of the Superyacht industry?
Being a Superyacht Deckhand is a profession that is best learned from real experience at sea.
Standard theoretical courses do not give you the practical training that you need to succeed!
HOMEPORT Academy specialists developed a unique 3-month INDIVIDUAL Deckhand Internship Program that will provide you an entrée to getting a job aboard a Superyacht!
3-month Deckhand Internship Program:
- Provides the PRACTICAL and theoretical skills required to be an active crew member onboard a Superyacht.
- The program will take place on a private or commercial yacht where you will be accommodated, giving you the opportunity to gain work experience from day one!
- Our teachers are professional and enthusiastic Captains, Chief Engineers and Deckhands with many years of experience who will be happy to share their knowledges with you.
- Your internship program will be managed by a HOMEPORT ACADEMY Curator who will be in weekly contact with the Captain and/or first officer and/or bosun.
- During the internship period, you will practice keeping the yacht’s exterior and deck equipment clean and superbly maintained, assist in watch keeping, navigational support, guest services and docking procedures.
- At the end of the program we will help you prepare a Professional CV, photo and video presentation.
- The Deckhand Internship Program is like a first contract and includes a reference from the Captain.
- 5 Star graduates of the Deckhand Internship Program will receive a guaranteed contract as a Junior Deckhand with full salary.
Program cost includes:
- Individual Internship Program on Motor or Sail Yacht.
- Food, Accommodation and Flights.
- Crew insurance for the internship period.
- All training materials for practice & theory.
- Worldwide Crew Database membership FREE for 1 year.
The best investment - an investment in your knowledge! Especially when it pays off in the first three months of the internship!
The only source of knowledge is experience